XGSLab (Over and Under Ground System Laboratory) is one of the most powerful software packages for grounding system analysis, electromagnetic fields, interference and lightning analysis.
- EASY: Integrated and modular program with a modern and intuitive interface and a high quality graphics. Very easy to use.
- POWERFUL: Based on a general approach and then suitable for many applications, in a wide frequency range, with arbitrary conductors network and many soil models including multilayer.
- WORLDWIDE: The only software in the market that takes into account International (IEC), European (EN) and USA (IEEE) standards.
- VALIDATED: Accuracy validated since 1990 by comparison with results from analytical cases, published research, field measurements, and similar programs.
XGSLab includes the modules:
GSA (GROUNDING SYSTEM ANALYSIS) for basic applications with underground systems (applicable in many practical cases).
GSA_FD (GROUNDING SYSTEM ANALYSIS in the FREQUENCY DOMAIN) for general applications with underground systems including larger systems, magnetic fields and interference evaluations.
XGSA_FD (OVER AND UNDER GROUND SYSTEM ANALYSIS in the FREQUENCY DOMAIN) for general applications with overhead and underground systems including electromagnetic fields and interferences evaluations and fault current distribution calculations.
XGSA_TD (OVER AND UNDERGROUND SYSTEM ANALYSIS in the TIME DOMAIN) for general applications with overhead and underground systems including currents, potentials and fields distribution in the time domain.
All modules are integrated in an “all in one” package and based on a hybrid calculation method (or “PEEC” method) which considers transmission line, circuit and electromagnetic theory combined into a single calculation model.
Hybrid methods join the strong points of the other methods and are well suited for engineering purposes because they allow the analysis of complex scenarios including external parameters such as voltages, currents and impedances. For these reasons, XGSLab can be considered a real laboratory.
The following table summarizes the main applications of the available models.
|Grounding (small systems)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Grounding (large systems)||No||Yes||Yes|
|Cathodic Protection Systems||No||Yes||Yes|
|Fault Current Distribution||No||No||Yes|
|Lightning effects for a single frequency||No||No||Yes|
XGSA_TD can be applied in order to analyse in the time domain current and potential distribution on underground and/or overhead conductors network energized by means current or voltage transient and can calculate the consequent distributions of earth surface potentials and electric and magnetic fields.
- Is a widely utilized and recognized module for earth grid calculations and design including soil analysis.
- Can analyse the low frequency performance of grounding systems composed by many distinct electrodes of any shape into a uniform or double layered soil model.
- Can import earth grid data from AutoCAD® files, delivering professional numerical and graphical output useful for investigation of GPR and leakage current, surface potential, touch and step voltage distributions.
Tags: grounding system design, grounding software, earthing software, earthing system design, cathodic protection design, electromagnetic simulation, lightning protection design, Grounding design software, Earthing design software