ELECTROMAGNETIC SIMULATION FOR POWER, GROUNDING AND LIGHTNING PROTECTION SYSTEMS
XGSLab is one of the most powerful software of electromagnetic simulation for power, grounding and lightning protection systemsand the only software on the market that takes into account IEC, EN and IEEE Standards in grounding system analysis.
- EASY: Integrated and modular program with a modern and intuitive interface and a high quality graphics. Very easy to use.
- POWERFUL: Based on a general approach and then suitable for many applications, in a wide frequency range, with arbitrary conductors network and many soil models including multilayer.
- WORLDWIDE: The only software in the market that takes into account International (IEC), European (EN) and USA (IEEE) standards.
- VALIDATED: Accuracy validated since 1990 by comparison with results from analytical cases, published research, field measurements, and similar programs.
XGSLab includes the modules:
- GSA (GROUNDING SYSTEM ANALYSIS) for basic application with underground systems
- GSA_FD (GROUNDING SYSTEM ANALYSIS in the FREQUENCY DOMAIN) for general applications with underground systems
- XGSA_FD (OVER AND UNDERGROUND SYSTEM ANALYSIS in the FREQUENCY DOMAIN) for general applications with overhead and underground systems
- XGSA_TD (OVER AND UNDERGROUND SYSTEM ANALYSIS in the TIME DOMAIN) for general applications with overhead and underground systems
- NETS (NETWORK SOLVER) to solve full meshed multiconductors networks
XGSLab integrates the module SRA (SOIL RESISTIVITY ANALYSIS) and XGSA_TD integrates also the module FA (FOURIER ANALISYS direct / inverse).
The XGSLab application field is so wide because the implemented model is for general use and solves the Maxwell equations in non stationary conditions taking into account the earth lack of homogeneity by the Green functions, the earth reaction by the Sommerfeld integrals and moving from the frequency to the time domain by means the Fourier transforms.
All modules are integrated in an “all in one” package and based on a hybrid calculation method (or “PEEC” method) which considers transmission line, circuit and electromagnetic theory combined into a single calculation model. Hybrid methods join the strong points of the other methods and are well suited for engineering purposes because they allow the analysis of complex scenarios including external parameters such as voltages, currents and impedances. For these reasons, XGSLab can be considered a real laboratory.
All algorithms implemented in XGSLab are highly efficient in terms of computation speed and has been validated and tested by many Customers in the world.
XGSLab is easy to use by engineers who need not to be necessarily experts in the specific field, and moreover accurate, stable and fast.
The following table summarizes the main applications of the available models.
|Grounding (small systems)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Grounding (large systems)||Yes||Yes|
|Cathodic Protection Systems||Yes||Yes|
|Fault Current Distribution||Yes|
|Lightning effects for a single frequency||Yes|
XGSA_TD can be applied in order to analyse in the time domain current and potential distribution on underground and/or overhead conductors network energized by means current or voltage transient and can calculate the consequent distributions of earth surface potentials and electric and magnetic fields.
NETS is a tool based on circuit theory and then it is completely different form the other modules XGSLab modules based on the electromagnetic fields theory.
NETS can solve full meshed multi-conductor and multi-phase networks composed of multi-port cells connected by means of multi-port buses.
NETS can calculate potentials and currents in all ports in steady state or fault conditions and in particular can be used for the calculation of the fault current distribution in power networks.
GSA is a widely utilized and recognized module for earth grid calculations and design including soil resistivity analysis. GSA is based on the equipotential condition of the electrodes and can analyse the low frequency performance of grounding systems composed by many distinct electrodes of any shape into a uniform or multilayer soil model. GSA can import earth grid data from “dxf” files, delivering professional numerical and graphical output useful for investigation of GPR and leakage current, surface potential, touch and step voltage distributions.
Tags: grounding system design, grounding software, earthing software, earthing system design, cathodic protection design, electromagnetic simulation, lightning protection design, Grounding design software, Earthing design software, Multiconductors network solver